Việt Nam rất! Top 3 Must Eat!!!
- Pho: For nearly 100 years, noodle soup with beef or chicken has stood its ground as one of the most popular Vietnamese cuisines. It is a common dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Simply adding broth to noodles and a meat of choice, it is compared to a tree in which its roots have grown into the culture of Vietnam.
- GioLua: A particular Vietnamese dish, lean meat pie has meat and various vegetables wrapped up in old and new banana leaves that absorb all the aromas of the pies insides. Although it is not a crusted pie, it is still enjoyed by most if not all people of Vietnam.
- Com: Boiled rice is a Vietnamese cuisine necessity. It is eaten for lunch and dinner. It is combined with other rice, to add more flavor to pork or other meats.
móntrángmiệng! Vietnamese Desserts
- Che: a sweet pudding consisting of beans, bananas, coconut milk, tapioca, yams, yucca root, and sugar
- Xoi: made from glutinous rice and other ingredients like fruits and milk, it is eaten as a dessert but in mountainous areas of Vietnam it is eaten as a main dish.
- Rau Cau: JELLO! Vietnamese gelatin made with agar agar (byproduct of seaweed) is served with coconut juice.
Simple Vietnamese Recipes to Try
- Vietnamese Cabbage
- Ingredients: 1 egg, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, ¾ lb cabbage (cut into strips), 1 clove crushed garlic, black pepper
1) Beat the egg with the fish sauce
2) Heat wok over high heat, add garlic and oil
3) When garlic turns brown remove and discard
4) Add cabbage, stir fry for 2 minutes
5) Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 3 minutes
6) Increase heat to high, create a space in cabbage
7) Pour in egg mix. Stir fry, add pepper and serve
- Vietnamese Meatballs
- Ingredients: 1 ½ lbs beef or pork, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon rice wine, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sugar, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoon cornstarch
1) Combine all ingredients until blended
2) Make 1 inch meatballs
3) Put them on wooden skewers
4) Broil until cooked all the way through
- Sautéed Salmon with Lime-Honey Sauce
- Ingredients: 2 tablespoons water, 4 (6oz) salmon fillets, 2 limes, 1 teaspoon lime zest, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1) Heat butter in 12in skillet
2) Add salmon, cook on medium for 12min, turn occassionally
3) Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl
4) Place salmon on plates
5) Pour sauce in skillet, heat
6) Drizzle on salmon