Did you know that there is a tradition in Turkey called “el opmek” which is kissing the hand of elderly as a sign of respect?
Did you know, in some regions of Turkey, brides come to wedding ceremony riding on a horse as a tradition?
Did you know that Santa Claus was actually born and lived in Turkey?
Did you know that some researchers located Noah’s ark in Eastern Turkey?
Did you know that half of Istanbul is in Europe and the other half is in Asia?
Did you know that the ancestors of modern Turks lived in Central Asia and Turkish language structure is similar to Japanese and Korean?
Some famous Turkish Americans are:
- Muhtar Kent (CEO of Coca-Cola),
- Mehmet Oz (TV personality & cardiothoracic surgeon),
- Muzaffer Sherif (Yale psychologist),
- Ahmet Ertegun (founder & president of Atlantic Records)
- Hamdi Ulukaya (Chobani founder)
- Nusret (Salt bae)
Famous places to see in Turkey
- Topkapi Palace
- Blue Mosque
- Hagia Sophia
- Sunken Cistern
- Dolmabahce Palace
- Ephesus Antic City