Common Brazilian Cuisine
Brazilians eat lots of fruits. In fact, most of their fruits come straight out of the amazon. They eat fruits like mangoes, guava, pineapple, passion fruit, and many more. Meat, typically beef, is also top quality in Brazil. Below are the 3 most common dishes, desserts, and simple recipes.
- Acarje: black eyed peas rolled into balls, and deep fried in palm oil. It can be stuffed with shrimp, peanuts, and other foods.
- Coxinha: Brazilian snack consisting of minced chicken and it’s deep fried
- Churrasco: barbequed meat on skewers
- Arroz Doce: rice pudding with cinnamon
- Bolo de Rolo: guava filled sponge cake rolled into a log
- Cuscuz Branco: pudding, typically tapioca, cooked in coconut milk with sugar
- Zucchini Brasiliera
Ingredients: 2 diced bacon slices, 3 tablespoons minced onion, 1/3 cup finely-chopped green pepper, ½ teaspoon kitchen meat glaze, 1 teaspoon sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 2 large zucchini
Directions: 1. Cook the bacon for 2 minutes
2. Add all ingredients, cook for 6 minutes
3. Cut off the zucchini ends. Place zucchini in pan.
4. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Serve.
- Cheese Balls
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon salt, 6 oz grated cheese, oil
Directions: 1. Mix eggs, flour, milk, salt
2. Beat well, add 6oz grated cheese
3. fry spoonful of mixture in hot oil
- Vatapa (Chicken)
Ingredients: 1 large chicken, salt and black pepper, 1 onion, garlic, bay leaf, 2oz oil, few prawns, peanuts, coconut, corn flour
Direction: 1. Boil chicken until tender, add salt, minced onion, garlic, and ½ bay leaf
2. Drain carefully. Remove meat from bones, shred chicken.
3. Add chicken, onion, garlic, salt, spices in a sauce pan and fry until brown
4. Add chicken broth to prawns, minced peanuts, black pepper, milk, and
Coconut.Thicken with corn flour and finish cooking.