– The former name of Iran was Persia, which was in use till 1935.
– Persians have a different language and identity from the rest of the Middle East.
– Iran is one of the world’s oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC.
– Iran has crocodiles. It’s tigers were hunted to extinction 50 years ago. But still has the only Asiatic cheetah.
– Persian (Farsi) is still spoken in Tajikestan and Afghanistan. It was the official court language of India for 200 years.
– Surprisingly, Persia [Iran] built the earliest known windmills, which resembled large paddle wheels. Iran was pioneering wind energy long before any other nation realized the energy benefit of God’s natural energy powerhouse.
Online Persian lessons for kids: dinolingo.com