Top Ten Reasons Why Speaking Two Languages Is Cool
10. I can have private conversations in my second language.
9. When I told (friend, teacher, neighbor) that I speak two languages, s/he was thrilled/very impressed.
8. I can meet more people from around the world (list of potential places where your child can meet people who speak the second language).
7. Many athletes are bilingual, like Yao Ming, Roger Federer, and Maria Sharapova.
6. I can wear and read clothes that have the print of the second language.
5. Many of my favorite celebrities like Antonio Banderas, Jennifer Lopez, or Yo-Yo Ma speak two languages, or more!
4. I can make more friends (list the names of your child’s bilingual friends here).
3. After finishing school, I’ll be able to get an awesome job that pays more, like………
2. I can help other people communicate who don’t speak two languages.
1. I feel proud and good about myself.
Source: King, K., & Mackey, A. (2007). The bilingual edge: Why, when, and how to teach your child a second language. New York: Collins (p. 242-243)
Online lessons for kids: dinolingo.com