- •Children do not really know their grandparents ancestors.
- •Family members, such as grandparents and cousins, are not able to communicate well with the children (TCK).
- •One side of the family does not celebrate host culture’s holidays and observe its traditions.
- •One side of the family has to explain jokes and/or ask for them to be explained.
- •Children grow up with a different set of cultural assumptions than parents.
- •One side of the family experiences discrimination because of the ethnicity of his/her spouse.
- •Children grow up with gender roles parents do not approve of.
Online lessons for kids: dinolingo.com